You bought two tickets to the planetarium
Said it was silly, said it anyway
The room went dark and the ceiling opened up
Fake stars, real hand in mine
You started naming things that don't exist
Made up a constellation shaped like a dog
I laughed and let you have it
Let you have all of it
We built a universe from painted light
This one's you, this one's mine tonight
Planetarium light still on your face
Even after the stars gave way
I drive past that building sometimes now
Never go in, don't know why I'd want to
Somebody else has two tickets tonight
Making up their own fake sky
I still know that constellation
The one shaped like a dog, the one you made up
It doesn't exist anywhere
Except in me, apparently
Real stars don't come with names
Somebody agreed on those a long time ago
But the fake ones, the painted ones
Those were only ever ours
We built a universe from painted light
This one's you, this one's mine tonight
Planetarium light still on your face
Even after the stars gave way
------
Source: genie
Romanised by JHnimm
Comments
Post a Comment