I thought healing meant a hard stop
A before and after, clean and cut
But it's been slow, it's been gradual
Like snow that takes all night to cover ground
No grand finale, no fireworks
Just one more morning
where I don't feel the weight
This is what it looks like
This is what it looks like
No crash, no fall, just understanding
That I made it through somehow
I'm okay, I'm okay now
This is my soft landing
Made coffee, put on socks, opened a window
Didn't cry about any of it, which was new
Didn't feel triumphant either, just fine
Fine turned out to be the whole prize
Nobody's watching this part of the story
No one claps when the quiet arrives
It came in through the back like a friend
Who's been waiting outside for years
Quiet, unannounced, undemanding
Just the ground beneath my feet
Finally, finally, peace
This is my soft landing
I left the forest and there wasn't a door
No moment where the trees just ended
One day I looked around and it was open
And I'd been walking out for months
No crash, no fall, just understanding
Just the ground beneath my feet
I'm okay, I'm okay now
This is my soft landing
------
Source: genie
Romanised by JHnimm
Comments
Post a Comment