Somebody hurt somebody and then somebody hurt back
That's the whole story, that's the only map we had
My father learned it from his father,
passed it down like a name
And I was gonna hand it to a kid who never asked
We built a home in here, didn't we
Made the dark familiar, comfortably
But comfortable ain't the same as free
Comfortable ain't the same as free
We gotta leave this forest now
Too long inside, we lost the sound
Of how it feels outside this ground
We gotta leave this forest now
Everyone in here is somebody's revenge
Everyone in here is somebody's reason why
We keep the score so carefully, generations deep
And nobody remembers who started counting
Somebody has to be the one who stops
Somebody has to take the children out
It's not forgiveness, it's not that clean
It's just refusing to hand this down
We gotta leave this forest now
We forgot we were ever found
There's light somewhere past this ground
We gotta leave this forest now
I don't know what's outside these trees
I've never been, nobody has
But I know what's in here
And I'm not raising anyone in this
We gotta leave this forest now
Too long inside, we lost the sound
Take my hand and walk me out
We gotta leave this forest now
------
Source: genie
Romanised by JHnimm
Comments
Post a Comment