Caught my own eyes in the mirror tonight
Didn't look away this time
Usually I just brush my teeth and run
But tonight I'm looking like I mean it
No one's here to perform for
No one's here to impress
So why's it still so hard
To say it to myself
Talking to myself like I'd talk to someone I love
Took me long enough to say it soft, say it soft
Talking to myself like the truth
won't break the room
It's just me and you, and you're still here
Said "you did okay today"
out loud and felt ridiculous
Said it again anyway, a little louder
Nobody taught me how to do this part
Everybody taught me how to do the other one
I've been my own worst room to be in
Locked the door from the inside for years
Turns out the key was just a sentence
Said gently, said to no one else
Talking to myself like I'd talk to someone I love
Took me long enough to say it soft, say it soft
Talking to myself and nothing falls apart
It's just me and you, and you're still here
If a friend said what I say to me
I'd never speak to them again
So why'd I let me get away with it
For all those years, for all those years
Talking to myself like I'd talk to someone I love
Took me long enough, but here I am, saying it soft
Talking to myself and the room is still standing
It's just me and you, and you're still here
------
Source: genie
Romanised by JHnimm
Comments
Post a Comment