I almost told you last night
When the stars were soft and bright
You laughed and brushed your hair aside
And I forgot how to speak right
I almost said it
That I think of you all the time
When you’re near me
Every word feels like a rhyme
It’s on the tip of my tongue
But I get scared I’ll lose what’s begun
So I keep it quiet
But I almost said it
You don’t know what you do to me
Like a song stuck on repeat
One glance and I can’t breathe
But I smile like it’s nothing deep
I almost said it
That I think of you all the time
When you’re near me
Every word feels like a rhyme
It’s on the tip of my tongue
But I get scared I’ll lose what’s begun
So I keep it quiet
But I almost said it
If you ever feel the same
Would you whisper out my name
Or should I hold it in
And love you in silence again
I almost said it
And maybe someday I will
But for now I’ll dream it
And let this feeling be still
You’re right beside me
And maybe that’s enough tonight
But just so you know
I almost said it
------
Source: genie
Romanised by JHnimm
Comments
Post a Comment