Woke up and the air felt different somehow
Didn't have to check if it's a good day
Just opened my eyes and let it be one
Didn't have to convince myself
Been carrying things I don't remember picking up
Years of it, stacked in my shoulders
Didn't notice till I put one thing down
And felt the difference
I'm a little lighter now, not all the way
But I'll allow myself to feel this, however small
Lighter now, lighter now
Didn't think I'd make it out
Walked past a mirror and didn't brace for it
Small thing, nobody would notice
But I noticed, and I stood there a second
And I let myself be proud of it
Nobody threw a party when it happened
No one knew the day it started shifting
It was Tuesday, it was ordinary
It was just a little less to hold
I'm a little lighter now, not all the way
But here I am and I'm a little proud
Lighter now, lighter now
Step by step I'm walking taller
I'm not fixed, I want to say that clearly
I still have days that pull me under
But underneath there's something steady now
That wasn't there last year
I'm a little lighter now, not all the way
But I'll allow myself to feel this, however small
Lighter now, lighter now
Here I am, a little proud
------
Source: genie
Romanised by JHnimm
Comments
Post a Comment